Wednesday, February 8, 2012

TITANIC SEWING PROJECT

A few days ago, I received my 1st challenge pattern for the 1912 Titanic Sewing Project.  This project initiated by the Vintage Lending Library to mark the upcoming 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic has more than 300 volunteers help test sew clothing from that era. Fashions are selected from France's once famous La Mode Illustree magazine. As test sew volunteer, we are supposed to document our work and comment on the sewing "expedition" we embark on.


I am very excited about this challenge and today, I have started to piece my pattern together. Stay tuned and join me for more updates on my "cruise" back in time to the Titanic ...

Check out the Vintage Lending Library website for more information on this remarkable project.  www.vpll.org

No comments:

Post a Comment